Monday, April 11, 2011

In the Rough...

Although this is a bit exposing, I thought I would offer you a sneak peek at what I have been working on. Time certainly likes to tick away, and before I know it, the fall season will be here! This happens every year! So, I am starting to chip away at this year's collection of Halloween originals. I will cart some of these characters off to one of the 2 Halloween Events that I will exhibit in this year, while others will be offered throughout the year via online web sales, eBay and more. At the moment, most of these guys are in the rough. It takes layer upon layer for me to attain the desired look and smoothness when working my papier mache. So, if they look a wee bit bumpy, well eventually they will all be smooth to the touch. If only I could snap my fingers and they would all be complete! (still working on that!)

For now, enjoy the peek!
~ Johanna

WIP-Ghost-Kettle
* I am really enjoying the ghosts this year! These whimsical characters will be a fun addition to my Halloween line......

WIP-Peep-Shelves''
* More ghosts, some owls, cats and jacks, are all at various stages of drying and completion....

WIP-Peep-Show
* A cat egg cup cries out for arms and a few coats of paint to bring him to life!

WIP-Peep-Owl
* Ouch! Looks like I am poking this poor hoot-hoot's eye out, but really I'm just smoothing the papier mache.....

Maybe you'll spot one of these characters all decked out in his or her finery, later this year, or perhaps sooner if I decide to part with a few here and there......

Thanks for stopping by!

PS... Did you know that Johanna Parker Design now has a Fan Page on Facebook?
https://www.facebook.com/JohannaParkerDesign
Please join me there for news, photos and fun! Make sure to click the LIKE button once you are there to stay in touch! Thank you......

Photos & Folk Art Designs, © 2011 Johanna Parker Design, LLC. Images may not be used without permission.

3 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

The first little guy reminds me of a Dairy Queen ice cream cone, tee hee! Love him!!! I'm already starting on my halloween dolls. I always start too late, not this year!!!

Johanna Parker said...

I know, he does look like an ice cream cone Marsha!....That would be so cute too....

Yes, I have a bad habit of selling the majority of my early Halloween pieces, intended for fall show season, too early, and then I am frantic to make more for the actual shows! We'll see how I handle it this year.....eek!

Anonymous said...

What FUN to see the in-progress characters! They all have great potential - can't wait to see them complete. I hope you offer a peek then too!

Jaime T.