I must admit, it has been a fruitful Fall season with various magazines showcasing the folk art creations that I make for Halloween! Well, here's a really fun one that I am just thrilled about! Phyllis Hoffman's Celebrate Halloween Magazine just hit the stands last week, and it includes a Designer Profile feature about me! You will find a 5-page story that takes you along my art and career path, and depicts the one of a kind characters that I am making today. JP and I had the pleasure of shooting our own photos for the feature, so once again, we are honored to have a sampling of our photography out in the public's eye. I hope you can spot this spooktacular issue at your local grocery or book store and thoroughly enjoy it! Many thanks to the friendly editorial staff at Celebrate for making this happen :)
* You can't miss the clever and comical coconut cake with ghostly eyes on the cover of this Halloween magazine!....
* After a few takes, JP got just the right shot of me and some of my one of kind Halloween characters! I wanted to capture a soft blur of our Halloween firescreen in the background along with a glimpse of my striped stockings, me of course, and my creations ~ a tall request indeed when the subject matter is hugging the floor! (Glad I had a yoga mat and some pillows under that orange velure fabric for extra cush!)
* A pair of my pumpkin girls sit atop my vintage green tin child's play stove.....
* This black cat may look familiar as he has made a couple other fun magazines this fall! But, this is one of my favorite shots that we styled... I love the dramatic, fiery colors of the image.
* And to offer my thanks to Celebrate Magazine and their readers, I am sharing 2 of my illustrated Halloween characters with you! I suggested that they appropriately apply them as cupcake picks for parties as this magazine is all about yummy eats and decorating tips for special holiday occasions! So, make sure you pick up a copy for yourself for all the details on this easy-fun, festive project!
FREE Download HERE!
Publication, © 2010 Hoffman Media, LLC
Photography, minus the cupcake image, by Johanna Parker and JP d'Andrimont