Monday, November 12, 2012

Holiday Bustle in the Workshop...

Oh my, Oh my! It's November 12th, and my heart beats pitter-patter as the calendar nears the month of December! I have been fully focused on creating my collection of one of a kind, winter delights for my 10th Annual Holiday Folk Art Show & Open House! As JP finish-sands the second round of characters from this year's collection, I am painting the first batch. Lots of snowmen, owls, mice, a few Santas and other characters round out the menagerie. I am anxious to complete these festive fellows so that I can tidy the house, decorate and prepare for the big event! Boxes of my holiday licensed designs will soon be arriving as well, so the juggling act between artist and shop & house-keeper begins. Wish me luck as I will need it. For now, I'm offering a tiny peek at what I am currently working on. This is just a snapshot of my collection. Please join me at our Open House to see all the whimsical delights! Members of my Mailing List will soon receive the official invitation.

Best Wishes,
~ Johanna

WIP-Holiday-Owl

* A festive owl ball character comes to life with holiday-hued paint...

WIP-Paint-on-Palette

* An audience of captive characters watch as I add more cream-colored paint to my palette...

WIP-Snowman

* Fa-la-la sings the snowman to his fellow festive friends...

WIP-Painting-Station

* A birds-eye view of just some of the guys currently awaiting paint & details in my workshop...

WIP-Holiday-Characters

* I feel like I am being watched!...

WIP-Johanna-Paints

* The process of painting can be tedious and time-consuming as there are endless ways to paint each character. Design decisions are constantly being made with each brush stroke!

WIP-Bell-Painting

* My first bear ornament gets a coat of red interior paint...

WIP-Mouse-Whiskers

* EEk!

Follow Me on Pinterest

10 comments:

Martha said...

Ahhhh!!!! So excited!!!!! They look amazing! Sending you energy to keep going. :)

Riley and I can't wait!
xoxo
Martha

Johanna Parker said...

Thank you for your energetic excitement! I need it, and I'm so looking forward to seeing you both :)

xo,
~ Johanna

Dicky Bird said...

Oh how I wish I lived close to you. You pictures on you open house card are really nice. Looks like you home is filled with crative ideas. Good luck. Blessings from Wisconsin.

Barbara said...

It looks so very magical and festive in your workshop. I wish I could just come over and watch you create!

Happy Holidays!

Barbara

Nancy Malay said...

Someday I'm going to make it, Johanna! I love how JP and Jack are part of everything you do in your Workshop!!! Nancy

Unknown said...

Oh, I love the sneak peek and seeing your process. I like when I finally get to the painting even if it means little decisions with each stroke. The characters suddenly come to life. Do you feel that way too? Love the little mouse character. Have a wonderful Holiday Show and Open House. I'll be watching from blog-land. Hehehee.

Johanna Parker said...

Oh I definitely agree Melissa! When the paint is applied, the expressions, details and the eyes really make a piece pop, and the personality is born! I am so NOT patient, but it does take patience to get there, slowly but surely!

Thanks for watching along and happy creating to you as well...

~ Johanna :)

Johanna Parker said...

Thanks for the best wishes DB, I'm glad you see the workshop magic Barbara & Nancy.....one of these days our paths will cross!

Cheers,
~ Johanna

Ann said...

This is si COOL! -^___^-

Darlene said...

I so wish I lived around the block from you. These sneak peeks are awesome. Love your color scheme. happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Darlene