Monday, July 8, 2013

Celebrating Summer...

It is always a pleasure to watch the perennial garden grow and blossom! With a late spring arrival, the summer blooms were tardy this year. June's typical bounty of flowers burst in early July. So, I captured a few snapshots while the colors were still vibrant. I strategically attempted to crop out the various piles of construction materials as JP is busy at work on our many house projects. But, I look forward to the day when I can share the progress. Stay tuned! For now, enjoy a few dreamy images of garden bliss. Enjoy summer while it's here!

Best Wishes,
~ Johanna

Summer-Garden-Arbor-Entrance

* A violet-white clematis vine hugs the weathered arbor JP and I were married under many years ago....

Summer-Garden-Roses

* Luscious red roses frame a pretty sea of varied green textures...

Summer-Garden-Birdbath

* I found this old bird bath at a garage sale this spring and immediately found the perfect spot for it....

Summer-Garden-Shed-&-Clematis

* Peering beyond a profuse column of magenta clematis, you can see our garden shed that JP built...

Summer-Garden-Shed

* Looking back from the garden shed, red geraniums add a bright spot of color to decorative window boxes...

Summer-Garden-View

* Another view of the garden reveals a variety of blooms....

Summer-Garden-Clematis

* Magenta rose campion and clematis are some of my favorite hues especially when paired with lime and chartreuse green leaves...

Summer-Garden-Rusty-Gate

* Peering through the rose bush, you can spot an old rusty gate that I just adore...

Summer-Garden-Greeters

* A pair of terracotta critter planters mark the garden's entrance and greet guests...

Summer-Garden-Birdbath2

* Another peek beyond the old birdbath invites one to sit for a spell...

Summer-Garden-Take-a-Seat

Cheers to warm summer nights, fragrant flowers and colorful gardens that entice and inspire the senses.


Follow Me on Pinterest

6 comments:

Elma said...

so amazing and beautiful!! I just love all your flowers !!!I wish summer would never leave:)

Kitty said...

Your garden has always been beautiful, but you've taken it to a whole new level. So inviting and lush, would love to sit there with you someday!

Johanna Parker said...

I know Elma, I wish summer would never end too! It's always too short...... I'm glad you enjoyed all the flowers.... :) I wish they too would last longer!!

And Kitty, it's not me that's taken the garden to the level that it's at... The plants are battling it out for ground, and it's a survival of the biggest right now! I don't have enough time to get out there frequently enough to keep things under control. So, it's crazy! Who knows where my stepping stones disappeared to. I can't find them anymore.... LOL

Happy Summer,
~ Johanna

Unknown said...

A lovely restful garden Johanna! Wonderful variety of perennials! :-)

Unknown said...

Wow. Your garden is beautiful. That is so romantic that you have the trellis from your wedding. Thanks for sharing. What a wonderful place to enjoy summer's bounty!

Unknown said...

Absolutely loved your humming bird images in your beautiful garden Johanna! I've been trying to capture images of them as well in my garden here in NJ. They seem to love our Canna Lilies.