* 2nd Annual Hallowbaloo in Redmond, Washington
SEPTEMBER 19th, 2015
* 10th Annual Halloween Trunk Show in Denver, Colorado
OCTOBER 10th, 2015
I know I have been a little distant and distracted with gardening projects around the house and designing art for licensing. So, I have not had much time to blog. However, I have been juggling my papier mache sculpts with all the rest. Here's a current sneak peek from the workshop of my one of a kind characters in the works. Keep in mind, these guys are unfinished as many need painted accents, trims, and other final touches. But, I thought I'd share my process. And yes, there are many more to come! So, if I disappear again, know I'm busy creating :)
Happy June to you, and I hope to see many of you this fall at my Halloween Art Shows!
* A couple of Halloween character busts in the works, pose with unfinished party hats....
* A sweet jack-o'-lantern ball character dons a lovely aged green hue.... The hand-sewn vintage crepe paper collar will soon decorate his neck, and maybe a thin bead of black glass glitter will trim the base of his stem...
* For this year's hat, I hand-illustrated a version of my flying witch design that appears on some of my graphic-designed products from my Primitives by Kathy collection. A variety of hat sizes, glued and sealed, are now closer to being ready to top some of my folk art sculptures!
* My ball characters are always a popular choice. This black cat ball is trying on a 2-toned vintage crepe paper collar for color-matching and size.
* A black bunny here and there always adds more variety to my Halloween mix! This guy dons a medley of painted sweets on his round-bellied base... I think he needs a collar too...
* Just another view of my handmade party hats! It looks like a conical parade is coming to town!
* Cover your eyes! This bat is bare! Sans his wire wings, he still needs an appointment with JP for final sanding, and then we'll take it from there!
* An owl with no eyes and missing wire wings and feet is wondering when the heck I will allow him to see! Looks like his buddy is one step ahead, but still cannot fly. I have my work cut out for me....
Thanks for stopping by!
ALSO Follow along with me on: