Monday, December 10, 2007

I Feel Blessed....

As this year draws near to a close, I feel so grateful that I have chosen a path that allows me to share my talents and spread smiles via my art to so many others. Beyond that, I feel blessed that so many of you anticipate my art sales and are willing to add and collect my one of kind creations! Yet, only a few years ago, that goal was but a dream, and now those dreams have manifested.... It brings me great joy to create, knowing that each piece of art will find a home and that my holiday folk art will become a family tradition for generations to come. Thank you all for your loving support and for allowing me to do what I was meant to do :)

Before I say goodbye to my last collection of holiday characters for this year, I spent the day taking their portraits in various locations within our home.... Here are a few of the photos... ENJOY!

~ Johanna


* A trio of cheerful snowmen add holiday spirit to an antique child's stove and mint green vintage cooler in our sun room...


* Winter cats and snowmen line up on the holiday mantel...


* Santa, in his festive egg cup stands next to a funky old Christmas tree....


* More mantel characters celebrate the season in red and white...


* Unique snowmen-baubles frame a vase filled with silvered limbs...


* Candy-sweet winter cats pose on vintage tin boxes atop a mosaic table top...
© 2007 Johanna Parker Design * All contents on this site are the property of Johanna Parker and may not be used without permission.
SaveSave

11 comments:

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Hi Johanna,

SO glad this has been a successful & productive year for you! :)

You have such a FUN & quirky decorating style, pairs nicely with your retro designs!

Congrats & Happy Holidays!

PS: Love that mini-stove and vintage mint green cooler. '-)

Best,
Chris

vintagepaletteart said...

Yep Johanna.....Chris is right! Your color palette is so......let's just say luscious! I love it all! Your vintage pieces are wonderful and everything just compliments the other!

Hey, I have tagged you to play the MeMe game.......if you have time, pop on over to my blog to see how to play!

Happy Holidays!
*Lori

Unknown said...

VERY COOL!!!~ Happy Holidays! ~ Lori

Anonymous said...

Johanna,

I hope you can get some rest now. :) You deserve it. You and your hubby have a wonderful Holiday.

Candy

LYNDY WARD said...

Greetings & Salutations, Lori Davis has tagged me & I in turn have tagged you to play the MeMe game! Pop on over to my blog to get the full details on my post TAGGED AGAIN!!!

If you have already been tagged, please add all your tagger's links too.

I've linked you to 2 Spotlights on my Blog: When you visit you'll have to click on the word that best describes you...
*8 ATTRIBUTES THAT ATTRACT ME TO MY FRIENDS*
Click the word that matches my talented Internet friends:
* TRUSTWORTHY
* CONSIDERATE
* COMPASSIONATE
* KNOWLEDGEABLE
* CREATIVE
* CONFIDENT
* HUMOROUS
* GRACIOUS

AND you're also linked to:
*8 PEOPLE WHO SHOULD ABSOLUTELY DO THIS
MeMe 8 SPOTLIGHT GAME*

Just a little bit of fun & another great linking Spotlight Game bringing your blogsite up in the search engines though your answers as Tag Words.

Happy Holidays & Bright Blessings,
Lyndy Ward
*Just click my name to play the MeMe Game*

P.S. JOHANNA, I LOVE YOUR HOLIDAY GOODIES, YOU'RE A FABULOUS OOAK ORIGINAL ONE OF A KIND ARTIST & FRIEND!!!

Kitty Forseth said...

Hi Girlfriend :),

I absolutely LOVE seeing your last collection placed around your home. How on earth do you let them go? I know... it's what we do.. but they look so perfect there!

Thank you for sharing.. you are amazing!

xoxo Kitty

Witchy-Poodle-Art said...

Hi Johanna, I just LOVE looking at all of your beautiful creations! One of these days when I become rich and famous (uh-huh...) I'd like to own one of your originals.

Anyway, I know you've been tagged already, but I just had to tag you, too, for the MeMe tag game.

Becky

Missy Sue Hanson said...

Congrats on realizing your dream! You definitely deserve it!

Carole said...

Hello Johanna. I met your mother via email the other day. She purchased a DVD from me. Anyway, I wanted to tell you that she is a very proud mom, and gave me your website to look at. She's right, you are talented. Your creations are just wonderful. Just thought I would pop in and say hi!
Carole

Jennifer MacNeill said...

I am absolutely drooling over your art. Good luck in 2008!
Happy Holidays, Jennifer

Michelle said...

Johanna,
I LOVE your work. It has a style and flair all of it's own. The colors and the facial expressions grab my heart everytime.

BLessings,
Michelle