Sunday, December 6, 2009

Take a Peek Inside...

Ahhh, show season is now officially drawing to a close for me this year, and what a wonderful way to end it with our 7th Annual Holiday Folk Art Show & Open House. Despite the arctic cold snap we experienced all week, Saturday's skies were clear, and luckily, many of our friends were able to join us for this fun event including some that even flew in from CA! It was a joy to reconnect with many of you, and we were so happy to send you off with smiles on your faces! Many thanks to all for taking a moment out of your day to join us and support my folk art habit :). And for those of you who missed out on the festivities, you can peek at some fun photos below.
**IF you entered our Raffle, continue to scroll down to see if you WON!...

Cheers! ~ Johanna

Home-Show-front-door
* A festive front door welcomes guests on a chilly winter's day...

Johanna-sits-at-Home-Show
* That's me laughing at the 5 minutes I had to spare for a moment to sit before we opened the door...

Front-Room-Home-Show
*A cheery table display of my reproduction Santas, belsnickels and snowmen attracts shoppers as they arrive...

JP-at-Home-Show
* A quick snap of JP sitting on the arm of my favorite red 1930s mohair chair.. "Lusheba".... Yes, I name some of my favorite furnishings :)

Holiday-Reproductions
* A zoom on some of those delightful holiday folk designs of mine, offered by both Primitives by Kathy & Bethany Lowe Designs...

Open-House-Mantel
* My one of a kind holiday collectibles traipse across our mantel and below on the funky make-shift shelf I put together with odds and ends...

Snowmen-Ornaments
* Original snowmen sitter ornaments express themselves....

Striped-Santa
* A gathering of my one of a kind holiday characters await collectors...

Johanna-Home-Show
* Me once again after a big sigh of relief as it certainly takes hours upon hours to prepare for this holiday event...

Holiday-folk-art
* More one of a kind holiday collectibles - each finding a unique home...

Bell-Ornaments
* A fun collection of my one of a kind bell ornaments dangle from a happy green feather tree...

Feather-Tree-Jack
* Jack nestles himself in basket filled with feather trees - how funny & rather fitting!

Home-Show-living-room
* A wide angle showing the various holiday displays in our front room...

Spring-at-Home-Show
* In the corner, I set up a sweet setting of my latest spring designs offered by Bethany Lowe... These goodies were marked down for the season, many finding new homes...

Sunroom-Open-House
* A glance from our kitchen into our back sun room where I always display a double-sided rack of all of my illustrated notepad designs...

Vase-on-Deca
* A pair of reproduction candy containers frame a vase filled with aluminum tree branches and old glass ornaments. The beautiful cabinet which I named Deca was built by my husband JP years ago... I just love this piece!

Snowman-egg-cup
* And a sweet original snowman egg cup whistles a holiday tune - or at least he does in MY imagination! He too found a new home this weekend.....

AND, NOW for the WINNER of the RAFFLE...................
I closed my eyes and tossed and stirred by hands around in Grandma's old coffee pot, and picked:

Raffle-Snowman

Vera Thorne! Congrats to you!!!

Happy Holidays to ALL :-)

And don't forget to join me on My Website this Saturday December 12th for my annual holiday Web Sale! I will have a dozen-plus originals to offer and an assortment of holiday reproduction collector's sets, so stay tuned. Please email me to join my mailing list for start times and details!

12 comments:

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Congrats to the lucky winner! Johanna, everything looked so beautiful and festive! I so wish I could have been there. I will try to check out your web sale. :) Can't wait!
Theresa

Robin Armstrong Seeber said...

omg Johanna... your place looks mavelous! wish I could have been there to watch the rush! excellent.. hope you did well and had a blast! hugs, robin

Benedetta said...

oh Johanna-what gorgeous displays of amazing Folk Art! I would have loved to be there-maybe next year! For now, I'm adding your reproductions to my Christmas list so that I can add more to my collection.
Warmest wishes for a beautiful holiday season to you and yours :-)
Hugs,
Benedetta

William Bezek said...

That was a fun photo tour of your beautiful house, it all looks so enchanting set up like a boutique. I enjoyed meeting your furniture too. I am lusting after that cabinet that JP made! Fantastic!

Village Gift Shoppe said...

I want your house Johanna! Love the colors and the warm comfy feel of it! Congrats on your successful home show and the lucky winner!

*Lori

Anonymous said...

It's all just Delicious! I may have to make a special trip for this event next year..... Those who had a chance to experience the fun are so very lucky!

Pam

MaygreenFairies said...

What a stunning display in your home! I only wish I lived close by so I could pop on in. Mandy x

Heidi said...

"Deca" the cabinet is awesome! Your whole home looked so delightful! My friend and I had an open house at her home this weekend and it was a lot of work to get ready. I just love the santa bells on the feather tree!

Carolee said...

Oh how I wish I could have seen it all in person, but thanks for sharing it here! Just wonderful, each and every piece.

Your home is sooooo beautiful, and I'm absolutely drooling over that cabinet JP made - it's stunning!

~ Carolee

Chicken Lips said...

That display is amazing! I'm absolutely drooling over all those wonderful creations! Hope the show was a big success!

Marie Patterson Studio said...

So many goodies...wish I lived closer because I'd have been there too!
I just love the color on your front door!

Anonymous said...

Johanna, I love your home. It looks so cozy. Wish I could have been there to share in the fun. :)
Happy Holidays!

Candy