Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Ghoultide Tease...

Well, I spent half of yesterday photographing my originals for this Saturday's Ghoultide Gathering! It's always helpful for me to document what I have created. I find it quite fascinating to compare my work from year to year in order to see just how much I have progressed. The funny thing is, with all the practice I have accumulated over the years, one would assume that I would be speedy fast at creating my one of a kinds by now. Ha! However, on the contrary, I keep raising the bar it seems. So, my creative process from start to finish tends to only lengthen with time! (Darn, I'm thinking....No wonder I cannot keep up with all of those special orders) Anyway, while I was photographing each piece, I pulled out my macro lens and took some fun close-ups. You'll have to use your imagination to fill in the blanks, or better yet, attend the show! For now, here is teaser featuring just a handful of the Halloween collectible originals I have created for this very special event. I hope to see you there! And let me tell you ~ my Halloween papier mache characters are anxious to meet you and perhaps just hop into your shopping bag to be swept off to your home :)

ENJOY!
~ Johanna

Owl-Tease
* Just one of the several owl-themed originals I sculpted for this event....

Bat-Kettle-Tease
* This sweet little bat kettle cup turns out to be "JP's Pick!" He begged me to keep it, but this bat was created for the Ghoultide Gathering. So, I said I'd make him a similar one, someday... hehe....

Spider-Scare-Tease
* I had fun posing various pieces together, and I really loved how this scene turned out. It reminds me of Little Miss Muffet... They are sold separately, but I think they look pretty sweet together :)

Witch-Tease
* Looking up at "Wicked Wanda"..... the one of a kind witch candy container...

Black-Cat-Tease
* Of course, I had to sneak in one of my signature black cats!

JOL-Tease
* A sweet jack-o'-lantern candy container offers a charming smile!

Bulldog-Vase-Tease
* For all you dog lovers, this guy turned out pretty neat! But, you'll have to see him in person to get the full perspective on "Spooky Sparky" ~ a double vase/candy container with secret chamber below.... Shhh, it's a secret!

Bunny-&-JOL-Kettle-Tease
* Whimsical candy corn carrots decorate this black Halloween bunny's kettle cup...

Skelly-Tease
* A pair of spooky skellies seem to scare each-other's socks off! BOO!

Best-Witches-Tease
* And a sweet witch bust finds me feeling bewitched.....

© 2010 Johanna Parker Design *All photos are the property of Johanna Parker and may not be used without permission

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Johanna! Some wonderful creations!!!
Have a great show!
xoxox
Celeste

Johanna Parker said...

Thank you Celeste! I hope it goes great indeed!!

~ Johanna :)

Crowsnest Pass Primitive Folk Art said...

As always...I am just smitten with your work...love that black bunny!!! Have fun at the show. Cheers, Susan

Anonymous said...

EXQUISITE! They all belong in a gallery!!!

Patrick

William Bezek said...

Fantastic work...sure to be a sell out. AND your photos are just perfect too!

Kitty Forseth said...

WOW WOW WOW!

They are all amazing! You do raise the bar continually :). Good luck with everything, safe travels. Any hot springs on the way?

xo

Possible Impossibilities Studio said...

Everything looks great Johanna! Best of luck at Ghoultide! :-)

~ Deb