Monday, June 13, 2011

A Collector's Spring Inspirations...

Tucked away in my mailbox last week was an overstuffed envelope from a dear collector who lives locally in town. She has been supporting my creative endeavors since I first started showing my wares at outdoor flea markets 6+ years ago! I believe Karen Z. discovered me at Denver's Ballpark Market, which I believe is a thing of the past these days. My whimsical holiday characters lit a spark in her collective passions, and she has been acquiring a piece here and several pieces there ever since. Before she put her "Johanna Parker Spring" collection away this year, she snapped a few photos and mailed them to me! What a treat :) I thought I would share them with you..... Enjoy, and thank you Karen for your thoughtfulness and for believing in me! It's always a pleasure to see how my collector friends display their cherished collectibles in their personal spaces....

~ Johanna

Karen-Spring

* Here, Karen has my Spring characters grouped in front of a mirror for a magnified view. (Great idea!) She has included a pair of my illustrated spring party hats that complete the spring family.

Sunflower-&-Chickie

* These few original spring characters take me way back! The sunflower girl and large spring chick were some of my first spring creations, and I believe the little spring egg cup was one of my first from this series of cup characters....

Cat-&-Bunny

* You may recognize this sweet pair from my Spring Gallery page...... They are some of the few spring originals that I have created over the last few years..... I admit, I took this year off from creating spring as time just flew by. Perhaps next year I will release a few more one of a kinds.....

Chick-candy-dish

* Another close-up reveals a spring chick candy dish design that I licensed to Bethany Lowe Designs a few years ago. This piece is now retired, but it looks like Karen snatched one up at one of the last Spring Flings!


Spring Designs © Johanna Parker Design ~ Photographs courtesy of Karen Z.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh, these are so dear! How lucky of her to know you and to have been collecting your pieces for so many years. Wonderful!

* Jane

Lucys Baby said...

How sweet, your early Spring collectables, and their owner.

Vintage by Crystal said...

So cute and sweet! This kind of thing really warms your heart, doesn't it? :)

Johanna Parker said...

It does warm the heart! :)
(especially knowing that my creations are being cherished and enjoyed each year) I think that's both validating and reassuring for an artist.

Thanks for stopping by and peeking..

~ Johanna