April showers bring May flowers, and lots of color too! Visions of vivid blossoms and vintage green hues have me in a floral forward mood. As a result, a small collection of originals are blooming in my workshop! I have designed a new series of cork topped "Flower Keepers." Playing off of my classic ball character, these special sculpts have an inner vial that can hold fresh water. Simply pop the chapeau-style cork, fill with water and add a delicate bouquet of garden grown delights. I am anxious to paint these pretties and see them come to life! And back by popular demand, I have also made a handful of butterfly egg cup characters that too will be splashed with a painterly floral theme. The full collection will be offered via a Flower Power Web Sale this May! Stay tuned for their release date, and join my Newsletter for all the details!
Ta-Ta for now! I'm off to smell the flowers.......
See you in the garden,
~ Johanna :)
* This little girl anxiously awaits a final sanding and then many coats of pretty paint!
* A view overhead reveals the polymer vial that tunnels down into each piece....
* And this nature-inspired collection would not be complete without a whimsical wide-eyed bird!
* It looks like it's time for paint!
* Butterfly egg cups in the nude are surrounded by their wiry wings...
* The wire wings are such a special and tedious detail. From start to finish, one set takes over an hour to create.... I rarely time myself, but this is what I discovered today! Darn, I wish I could speed up that process a bit.
Stay tuned for my Flower Power Web Sale in May!