Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Everything Recycled Art Market!


We are exhibiting in a new Denver-area Show, and it's just 3 weeks away! So, next month, please join us at the . . .


Everything-Recycled-Art-Market


* DETAILS *

Anyone who has been in our house knows how much I love to decorate with old vintage elements. And, the folk art sculptures that I create are fellow companions to this eclectic style that is often inspired by cast-offs from the past. So, when I heard that the Everything Recycled Art Market was coming to our neighborhood, in the emerging 40 West Arts District, I was certainly intrigued! After much consideration, I am up for the challenge and have decided to exhibit! With less than 3 weeks to prepare, I will be one busy artist, crafting away in my workshop! The art created and offered at this new show must include recycled elements, so I will be sifting through my stash of old buttons, rusty bits and fabric scraps to create a fresh collection of originals from recycled parts and papier mache. On the list to make and bring are button covered standing birds, owls, character busts and pressed illustration art magnets. We'll see what else I come up with between now and then! I will also bring my new collection of whimsitive summer notepads. So, swing by, say hi and marvel at the imaginative designs that myself and other artistans will be offering. We will be located in the big A&E Fine Woodworking warehouse, just north of Colfax Avenue & off of Teller Street in North Lakewood. And, the fun doesn't end there.....

On display, just steps away in the 40 West Gallery will be the annual INSPIRE Art Exhibition. This time, the theme is RECYCLED ART & VIVID COLOR! With any luck, I will have a dimensional owl Artscape piece hanging and available for purchase at this exhibit too. And if you time it just right, you will catch 40 West's Trash Fashion Show!  Here's the rundown for a weekend full of creative inspiration:

* Everything Recycled Art Market *
{ We'll be HERE! )
Saturday, June 8th: 10am - 6pm
Sunday, June 9th: 10am - 4pm
7175 W. 16th Place, Lakewood, Colorado 80214
Stay for Lunch or Dinner as Food Vendor/s will be offering their eats!

Trash Fashion Show
Saturday, June 8th: 1pm ($5 donation admission)
On the EDGE Theater Stage @
1560 Teller Street, Lakewood, Colorado 80214

40 West INSPIRE Art Exhibition: 
RECYCLED ART & VIVID COLOR
Saturday, June 8th: 12pm - 4pm
Sunday, June 9th: 12pm - 4pm
40 West Gallery @
1560 Teller Street, Lakewood, Colorado 80214

For more information, please visit 40 West Art's INSPIRE page!

We look forward to seeing you soon!

~ Johanna & JP ~


Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I love it when old things are upcycled! How wonderful that you're going to meet this challenge. I love your flyer/poster for this art market. I can't wait to see what else you come up with. Have fun!

Johanna Parker said...

Me to Melissa, and thank you! I'm glad you like the ad image I whipped up for the event.... Now, if I can just pull this off.... Back to work!

Cheers,
~ Johanna