Happy Spring! March has marched right in... It's been a while since I popped in here for an update. 2017 is well underway, and with a new year comes new adventures! With my love for illustration and patterns, I've been moved to open a Spoonflower Shop! Over the years, your inquiries for my designs on fabrics have been such, that you inspired me to join up with this American-made company. My sample swatch prints have now arrived, and all is good... So, my JohannaParkerDesign ~ Spoonflower Shop has officially opened! Hop on over for a peek where you will find a medley of my designs for spring as well as a teaser for Halloween. I've also organized this first round of designs into collections. So, from my shop's page, click on "Designed Collections" to see those groups coordinated by color and theme. Feel free to share your suggestions for new designs and any needs for pattern scaling. You are welcome to make and sell my fabric into your creations, and I encourage it! Please offer credit to #johannaparkerdesign along the way. I look forward to seeing your projects, so do share photos as I may post those to my shop. Along with fabrics, my patterns are also available on wallpaper and gift wrap! And, if you like a fabric design but don't feel like sewing a darn thing, you can visit me on Roostery! There, you can select and order pillows, tea towels, cocktail napkins and even chairs that feature my designs! FUN! I've pulled together a few samples below for your viewing pleasure. Visit the following links and enjoy browsing my collections. As always, I appreciate your support in spreading the word, sharing and collecting my art in its various forms :)
* I have a thing for butterflies and just couldn't resist adding a few winged patterns to my "Spring Whimsies" Collection on Spoonflower. I may just have to order the buggy vintage green pillow from the Roostery! And, get a look at that fun patchwork chair.. How sweet would that be in a child's nursery?! :) The chairs are a bit spendy, but you can get the same fabric on pillows, tea towels, etc... I think it would be fun to get a yard and cut it up into mini spring projects or have fun quilting it...
* I grabbed a screen capture of my Spring-themed fabric swatches so you could see them all in one place. I hope to add more along the way. Feel free to share your suggestions, scaling preferences, etc.. This is all new to me, and I'm learning as I go.
* I also have a thing for Robins.... and hummingbirds, and Halloween and the list goes on.. LOL! Currently, my "Nesting Robin" Collection on Spoonflower has just three surface designs, but the Roostery has expanded upon those to offer a variety of delights. Don't forget that you can also order these patterns on wallpaper and gift wrap too!
* My "Hummingbirds on Lilac" is one of my faves. Elements from this pattern were initially designed for a life size utility station box wrap along Lakewood's RTD West Rail Line... I enjoyed the composition so much that I thought it was time to extend it to other surfaces so that we can enjoy it in our homes. I plan to add more pattern designs to this Collection entitled "Garden Delights"... Check out the Roostery's matching Pillow and Cloth Cocktail Napkins... Cute!
* And, I'd be remiss to open my JohannaParkerDesign ~ Spoonflower Shop without including a few Halloween designs! So far, I have a series of 10 October 31 themed patterns for fabric, gift wrap and even wallpaper for those of you serious Halloween fanatics :) I definitely want to see photos of that! Do SHARE!
Thanks again for your support. I so look forward to your adventures in crafting with my surface designs. Let's keep the creative spirit flowing! :)