Sunday, August 8, 2010

Busy Fingers...

Never take for granted the hands that do our life's work.... It was past midnight last evening as JP snapped these candid photos of my busy fingers. Now that August is here, it's crunch time for me. So, I wheeled in a table of wire, pliers and glue and set out to make several sets of bat wings before I grew too sleepy to continue. (I know, talk about Saturday night fun!) I paid little attention to the experimental camera shots he was taking for I was deep in a crafting trance, counting out wires and forming them into sets. After I completed the steps, he shared the images he had taken - thank goodness not of me! But my hands, in artistic action, were the focus, and I was quite intrigued. I rarely grant these ten, long and skinny soldiers any credit for the work they do. But, without them, I would be lost.....

~ Johanna

Fingers1
* Dimly lit images of my hands pressing and forming wires into whimsical wings...

Fingers3
* Pressing and holding the wings in place while the glue is applied....

Fingers2
* Fingers work together to create whimsical wire art.....

Fingers4
* More glue to keep these little accents intact....

6 comments:

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Can't wait to see the finished product...I know it will be lovely. Theresa

susanc said...

You have beautiful hands and fingers! I love to see other artists while they are creating. I can't wait to see what your creations will be - one thing for sure, they will be gorgeous!

William Bezek said...

Ah yes, so much talent in a beautiful and graceful package...you're something special Johanna!

Johanna Parker said...

Ahhhh thanks... If my hands could blush, they would be blushing right now...

~ Johanna

Amber dusick said...

There is something very special about these photos, very personal. You do have beautiful hands.

Birgit said...

Great post, Johanna! :)

-- Birgit