Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Studio in Print...

Well, it was certainly a thrill to turn to page 101 of the current Fall issue of Cloth Paper Scissors Studios Magazine today! Before my eyes, a list of my fellow Halloween artist friends rolls out, and many pages beyond reveal the studio spaces of these talented folks. I am honored to be included in the mix, and am so very pleased to see an extensive article focused on the artists of the Ghoultide Gathering event this October! A lucky 8 of us Ghoultide Gathering artists including myself, Sheila Bentley, William Bezek, Lori Ann Corelis, Vergie Lightfoot, Ed Pribyl, Debra Schoch and show promoter extraordinaire, Scott Smith are featured as artists that celebrate Halloween all year round! What fun it is to share my studio space with others and enjoy a glimpse into the spaces of my fellow artists. Many thanks to Cloth Paper Scissors Studios Magazine for spreading the word about the growing fascination and excitement for Halloween folk art. Please pick up your copy today and ENJOY! See you at Ghoultide on October 2nd!

Johanna-Parker-Studios-Magazine1
* Here's a peek at my feature on page 117.....

Johanna-Studios-Magazine-page
* We had the opportunity to take our own photos for this issue. Of course, only a few were chosen. But, below you can peek at the additional images I captured for this fun submission. I feel very fortunate to have been included!

Johanna-Parker-Studio
* Here's my main studio space with drafting table and loads of eye candy to keep the ideas and inspiration flowing.....

Johanna-Parker-Witch
* We were asked to include images of our art, so I took a few vignettes. Pictured here is a one of a kind witch kettle cup that I kept for myself last year....

Johanna-Parker-Studio-desk
* Another angle of my drafting table where I illustrate and sketch....

Johanna-Cat-&-Emmy-in-Studio
* Another close up for an original... This time, it's an one of a kind black cat candy container of mine sitting amongst a few illustrations in the works. And yes, that's my Emmy award off in the distance ~ a reminder from my previous life as an art director in TV news graphics....

Johanna-Parker-Workroom
* This is my basement workspace where I craft.... It can get pretty messy in here!

Jack-Cat-in-Studio-Workroom
* And of course, I cannot go around the house taking photos and not include Mr. Jack. He loves to have his picture taken :)

* © 2010 Johanna Parker Design *All photos are the property of Johanna Parker and may not be used without permission

20 comments:

William Bezek said...

Congrats, Your studio looks so fun and colorful in the magazine!

Johanna Parker said...

Likewise Will! It's fun to be on the same spread with you and your studio looking ever so dramatic and captivating.....

~ Johanna

Christine LeFever said...

Exquisite! A well deserved artist to be featured so beautifully.

Nancy Malay said...

Your studio is just like I imagined it would be - colorful, bright and sweet Jack right in the middle of it all! Congratulations, Johanna!

Nancy

Rue said...

Such a fun studio - no wonder you like creating in there. Congrats on your spread!

Jack is looking dashing, as always!

(Lol - my word verification is "mousings" - I think Jack would enjoy that!)

Johanna Parker said...

Many thanks you all :)

I'm laughing about the "mousings"..... Jack would like that!

Chicken Lips said...

What a wonderful work space. I could get a lot of "creating" done here!

Robin Armstrong Seeber said...

fabulous! so happy you shared so we could see too!

Elaine said...

Looks Beautiful Johanna! Congratulations! Elaine

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Congratulations, Joanna! Thats exciting. :) Can't wait to find the magazine on the stands. Theresa

Swirly Designs said...

Congrats Johanna,
I got this magazine the other day. Neat studio!
btw the new 2010 issue of Holiday Crafts magazine is out in case you were wondering.
It came out nice ;)

Debby said...

Congrats!!! Your studio looks amazing. Can hardly wait to get my copy of CPS.
Debby

Iva Wilcox said...

Good for you Johanna!! I'd love that work station area with all those drawers and cabinets! You have great style and so glad it's been recognized again!
~ Iva

Johanna Parker said...

You'll all so sweet! Thanks for the praise and congrats.. I really appreciate it :-)

~ Johanna

HopHopJingleBoo said...

Johanna, another congrats to you!..looking forward to actually meeting you in person at the show.. love your bright cheery workspace with all the yummy eye candy.. and that little stool looks interesting.. hmmm..

Kathy Parker said...

Wow! We just found the magazine
tonight! Did you hear me screaming
all the way out here in Washington
state? We are so proud of you.

We love you!

Hugs,

Mom and Dad

Tristan Robin said...

Loved all the spooky studios! Yours is fabulous - loved all the inspiration you surround yourself with!

I'm also in that issue - I'm in such fine company this time!

Tristan

Johanna Parker said...

I know Tristan!! Congrats on being featured as well! I'm in such fine company as well :)

Cheers,
~ Johanna

Sylvia Smiser said...

Johanna,
What a wonderful studio you have! Congratulations on being featured in CPS Studio. I'll have to take my copy to Ghoultide to collect everyone's autograph :)

Birgit said...

My heartiest congrats, Johanna -- that's so well deserved! :)

I love the photos -- thanks for that peek into your creative life. And that Emmy -- quite impressing!

Anyway, my favorite photo is the one of Jack. Sure. Did you expect otherwise?! ;)

-- Birgit