Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Chasing the Clock!....

Tomorrow is September!!!!! EEEK! In less than 2 weeks, I will be setting up a display of Halloween eye candy at Denver's 5th Annual Trunk Show! Some of my original pieces, destined for this show, are still standing naked, awaiting paint while others are ready for a coat of finish and their portraits taken for my personal records. I have lots yet to do, and it's only 11 days away! My parents were in town last week and over the weekend to celebrate Mom's birthday, and it was a BIG one, by the way! We had lots of fun catching up, but I was unable to set aside time to create a special piece for August's EHAG Emporium, and I apologize for that. It has been one of those busy-crazy years, so now I am trying to meet my own goals for what I hope to make and take to my 2 Halloween art shows this year. I know some of you loyal collectors travel in from many states away, and I don't want to disappoint! For those unable to attend, rest assured that I am setting aside a fun mix to offer for my October Web Sale (finally, I know!). I just haven't decided what date I will host that yet. I'm thinking somewhere between Sunday, October 10 - Wednesday October 13 would work best for my schedule. Your feedback would be appreciated, so let me know what works best for you! Thanks for checking in, and I hope to see you at an upcoming show!

Here is a sneak peek of just some of the goodies I have in store for this year's show season.....

~ Johanna

Art-in-the-works

Candy-cups-etc

Random-candy-conatiners

Skelly-and-friends

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking great!! By the way, I really love your skelly guy. You should do more skellies imho, because this one looks amazing - from what I can see in your crafty sneak peek!
;) Lori

Johanna Parker said...

Thanks Lori!...... I know, I've only made a few of these skelly guys, but they're growin' on me :)

~ Johanna

Unknown said...

:-)

Len said...

My word verification is "stincos", obviously they didn't look at the work!!!! HAHAHA! It all looks wonderful. I like the skelly guy as well.

Johanna Parker said...

HaHaHa Len!... Too funny :) Glad they don't "stinco!"
:-)

~ Johanna

Skelly Addict said...

Woohoo!! You know I adore your OOAK Enchanting Work & the fact that there are more JPD Skellies in the works is so exciting!!! I know you'll be a hit in Denver and Ghoultide doesn't know what they're in for this year!!!! Wish I could be at the Denver Show...but happy dappy to finally meet you in Michigan.

Johanna Parker said...

Thanks Allison :) I'm really looking forward to meeting you too!! October is just around the corner!! EEK!

~ Johanna

Cassie said...

Thanks for the teaser! I will be watching the web for the sale. good luck at the events

HopHopJingleBoo said...

oh my!!I see a black rabbit hiding in there hope you will have for the show! will be great to see your work in person and meet you!