Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gone Batty!...

OK, so I've been hoarding this original bat! For months, he sat unfinished in my studio, anxious for a coat of paint and layers of detail to bring him to life. But, I did not get around to finishing him in time for my fall events, nor Halloween! However, a little nudge from my EHAG friends in the Emporium was just the right amount to inspire me to finish him in time for November's opening. Meet "Wally Wingster" a unique one of a kind collectible bat, complete with hand-formed stylized wings and a series of flapping bats that encircle his spherical base. Take a peek below for a few images of Wally, and decide for yourself if you would like to invite Wally into your home, or perhaps give him as a cherished gift this season to a special friend. Don't forget to hop on over to the EHAG Emporium for just a few more original delights by my fellow Halloween artist friends!

Thank You!
~ Johanna

Wally-Wingster
"Wally Wingster" perching atop a Corinthian-style shelf in our kitchen.....

SOLD ~ $385 plus shipping ~ 7.25" tall by 8.25" wide
Signed, dated and marked 1/1

Wally-Wingster-face
* A zoom on Wally reveals the hand-painted highlights on his crepe paper collar
and the black glass glitter brim that trims his hat...

Wally-Wingster-back
* A peek at Wally's backside displays a mirror image of his front!....

Please email me at johanna @johannaparkerdesign.com to reserve him... :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

He's so cute! I hope he has a wonderful home!

Johanna Parker said...

Ahh thanks!.... Oh yes, he will be flying off to the home of a very passionate Halloween art collector, so he'll be in good company :)

BumbleBeeLane said...

He is wonderful! You are so blessed with talent.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Nancy Pace Art said...

Another folk artist! Your work is wonderful, I love it. I am glad we are following each other, how fun!

fyana said...

Love all your original folk art creations, especially the ones we bought at Halloween & Vine - missed you this past year. Just missed out on the Ebay auction this month too :-( Keep up the fantastic work!!