Saturday, October 4, 2008

Visions from the Halloween & Vine...

Well, as promised, I will share some of the photos I took before the doors opened last Saturday at the Halloween & Vine! We were all in a frenzy before the clock struck 9, catching up with artist friends, arranging our displays and marveling at all the eye candy. So, I didn't have a chance to make all the rounds and snap pics of everyone's display, but this is only a tease and will perhaps entice some of you folks who have never been to come on out and join us! There's nothing quite like it :) If I haven't said it enough, I want to THANK all of my dedicated collector pals for coming out early to adopt a special piece! I hope you are enjoying your Halloween art originals! Now, for the photos.........And don't forget to click on them to see more!... {enjoy!}
~ Johanna


* A view from my table of the grand room of Halloween delights...


* Me in my orange & black, standing beside my table before the doors opened...


* I love this pic of my hubby JP peeking thru a grouping of my art...


* A quick snap of some of my Halloween characters waiting to be snatched up!...


* Another view from my table...There's the tip of David Bruce's display, then Scott Smith's, Nicol Sayre's and so on....


* Me again next to our last-minute logo configuration that seemed to get lots of attention! I'm glad it worked out considering that we put it together the day before we left for the journey....


* A pic of Vergie Lightfoot (who was next to me ) and her spooktacular table of goods... Ca-Ca-Ca....(inside joke :) he he!


* A close-up of Vergie's handmade treasures....Love those cats!


* Look at these creepy confections with attitude from Scott Smith! What fun!...


* Adorable bunnies and bears in vintage-style Halloween attire, made by the talented hands of Lori Ann Corelis...


* Sharon Bloom's colorful spread of hand-painted pottery delights...


* A sweet grouping of one-of-a-kind collectible dolls, made by the hands of Nicol Sayre...


* Festive Halloween clowns and jack-o'-lanterns made by artist William Bezek...


* Another view of the Halloween tables in Hermann Sons Hall with Allen Cunningham's creations in front center...


* A shiny tray of whimsical Halloween pendants & pins created by Ulla Milbrath...


* And a pic of myself and JP, who's such a GREAT help to me!...

17 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

OH you are not kidding about the eye candy..what a talented bunch of artists that were there..I loved all of it..wish I could have been there..Love all the cat items...Love love love em! what a halloween decorators dream!!!:)

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Awesome pictures! Thank you for taking them for us East Coasters who can't attend.
Love your booth too.
Jen

Leah's Art Magic said...

Thanks for sharing Johanna. Your table display is wonderful! Looks like JP and you had fun getting there too! Great photos!

Leah

Halloween Fanatic said...

Wow a table loaded down with goodies. I particularly loved the owls especially the one in front of JP. The witch was cool as well- you do not make a lot of those -do you? As always love the cats! Looks like a great show! Robert

Christopher A. Klingler said...

GREAT pics Johanna and glad you had FUN! :)

SpOOky Cheers,
Chris

Anonymous said...

OH, it's so much fun to see these pictures! Thank you for taking the time to post them and share them with all the folks who could only wish to go! I am very inspired now to start my Halloween decorating...

BJ

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so bummed your owl pieces were sold before I got there. I LOVE my blackbird piece from you. He has a happy home in NC now.

Unknown said...

Great pics Johanna... and great pieces too! Lori

Carolee said...

Wow!! Eye candy indeed!! I sooooooo need to get out there one of these years, *sigh*....Thanks so much for sharing the photos. :)

Had to smile at your previous post too - the part about the fear of passing the big semi trucks - ME TOO!!! We drive a little black Beetle, and my husband always makes fun of me when I hold my breath as he squeezes between an 18 wheeler on the right and the cement barrier on the left: "Oooooooh - watch out, we're gonna die!" he laughs - (sooooooooooo not funny!!!)

~ Carolee

Melissa Valeriote said...

Wish I was there all over again!!! Beautiful shots Johanna. So happy we got a moment to chat! Your table is beyond amazing.

Ulla said...

It was and is always a treat and pleasure to see you again each year! Your photos are wonderful and your smile always contagious!
Hugs
Ulla

Anonymous said...

Wow, wish I could have been there! It's nice that you also take pics of other artist;s tables as well as yours. Its nice to be able to see what is going on ,and what other's had to sell. Love your work. You've inspired me to continue making my pieces. Hopefully someday I can travel and sell my work. Thanks for all the traveling photos, love it. Thanks so much! Oh, yes , love , love the bulldog! so cute.

Halloween Fanatic said...

My home is open,so please step inside. Laurie asked that I share more photos of my home, and less teasers, so the pictures are posted, so please come in friend!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures, I've always wondered what this show was like! Your booth looks terrific!

Suzanne in CT

KrisMrsBBradley said...

WOW! Those are all so amazing! Which I could have been there in person!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful. I wish I lived closer to California. What a wonderful event. Of course, you had to travel yourself . . . Thanks for your beautiful work and sharing some of the work of the other artists.

Old World Primitives said...

*DROOL*
I wish I could have been at this show! I would definitely have left with an empty wallet and full shopping bags.