Sunday, October 23, 2011

Eye Spy!...

It's always a joy to spot my Halloween works popping up in unexpected ways! Last month I had the pleasure of finding one of my original black cats peering back at me in the debut issue of FOLK Magazine! Here, I'm in good company with a menagerie of Halloween artisans chosen as FOLK's favorites, so thank you FOLK :)  In addition, the fall staple Tricks & Treats Magazine by Better Homes & Gardens revealed an unexpected grouping of candy containers in a private home feature. Fortunately, the owner with her "zest for decorating" included a pair of my reproduction cat & owl glass jars. I had friends and family spotting this way before I had ever made it out to the newsstands. What a treat! As much of my time is spent at home creating, my chances to journey out and shop are far and few. So it's a always a surprise to see the work that I do take on a life of its own in various magazines and within the private collections of others. Just thought I'd share...... Happy Halloween to all & thank you for the opportunity to share my work with you!

~ Johanna

FOLK-pg24

* Amongst Halloween art friends, Robert Brawley, The Whimsical Whittler, Lori Ann Corelis, Cheswick Company, Prim Penny, Jody Cain, Needlin Around & Honey and Maple Syrup.

FOLK-Black-Cat
* A closer peek at this jolly cat ~ I'm still scratching my head as to where the staff at FOLK actually found this image..... surprise, surprise is all I can say!

BHG-Halloween-Jars

* Homeowner, Cher Beall shares her collection of candy-filled jars in her "fall frolic" feature in Better Homes & Gardens, Tricks & Treats Magazine. Can you spot my two jar designs?

1 comment:

Quentin Eckman said...

How cool is that? Congrats!