Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Ghoulicious Ghoultide!...

We just returned from a whirlwind road trip to the Ghoultide Gathering and back! As usual, the weekend festivities flew by faster than I could keep up. The Friday night early buy was a frenzied blur of collectors eager to snatch something special for themselves or on the hunt for others. We barely had time to sneak in a quick snack and get changed in between setting up and opening time! Hence, I was unable to make the rounds to the other buildings and tents to document ALL the spooky delights (OH and how I wish had had time!!) You'll have to peruse the web and haunt the other Ghoul artist photo postings for more peeks at this unique event. Luckily, we snapped some images in the Cady Inn where we exhibited this year. So, I will share with you what we were able to capture in less than 24 hours! Many many thanks to ALL the determined collectors willing to brave the windy chill and intermittent rain drops in the air. The weather conditions were far from favorable, but so so many of you did not let that stand in your way, and we (speaking for all the artists) are humbled by your loyalty and love for what we, as folk artists do. :) And, another HUGE thanks goes out to Scott Smith and the Rawsons for putting on another fabulous event! Enjoy the photos....and I hope to see you next year under the warm rays of the sun ~ we are due!

Johanna-Parker-Ghoultide

Ahh, that's me all set up, stockings and boots on, hat affixed and ready for the Early Buy Friday night affair...

Johanna-halloween-Ghoultide

Halloween vignette of just an assortment of some of the one of a kind Halloween folk art characters I offered at this show....

Mouse-Ghoultide

A sweet mouse on a ball character rests atop an old Halloween tambourine that mom purchased from Mark Craven (for me!)... This mouse was one of the first to fly out of the house!

Ghost-Vase-Ghoultide

Remember the black & white vase JP candidly captured me painting a couple weeks ago? Well, here it is in it's ghostly entirety with a cat and spider companion.... All found homes and rather quickly at that....

Johanna-Ghoultide

Just a few moments for a couple more peek-a-boo photos..... I love the one I captured of JP below.....

JP-Ghoultide

There's my man looking quite smashing behind my pair of pumpkin girls, featured in Celebrate Halloween Magazine! It was bitter-sweet to say good bye to those cuties, but I still have my cute husband :)

Mouse-&-Bat-Cup-Ghoultide

EEk, another mouse made it to Ghoultide, but didn't make the ride back home with us!... Guess I'll have to make more of these little characters to go with their black cat "friends"...

Appleseed-Collective-Ghoultide

A quick jaunt outside in the chilling air beckoned the festive sounds from the folky Appleseed Collective!... What fun......

Vergie-&-Scott-Ghoultide

Vergie Lightfoot and Scott Smith, were caught arm and arm at the gazebo for the group photo! I feel like I have gone back in time....

Line-Ghoultide

Speaking of Scott, the line of anxious collectors continued to build at the stone house that he, Paul Gordon and Sheila Bentley were exhibiting in...

Cady-Inn-Ghoultide

Sweeping by is Michael Corelis, Lori Ann's husband with a crow on his top hat! And off in the distance is the Cady Inn which housed  the displays of both me and 7 other Halloween artists.

Cady-Line-Ghoultide

More folks line up at the Cady Inn situated on the charming grounds of Mill Race Village.

Allen-Cunningham-Ghoultide

Doll artist, Allen W. Cunningham patiently awaits the show to begin in his old-fashioned Halloween attire.....

Allen-Dolls-Ghoultide

A peek at some of Allen's Halloween delights....

Sayre-Ghoultide
Nicol Sayre and fun-loving husband Phil know how to dress for the occasion in their Victorian Halloween steam punk style......

Jerry-&-Arnold-Ghoultide

Just a glimpse at some of the sweet creations dangling nearby, created by Jerry & Darla Arnold...

Katherine-Webber-Ghoultide

I catch Katherine Webber adding the final touches to her spooky display before the clock struck 6pm!...

Kristen-Beason-Ghoultide

And, look! There's Kristen Beason's glowing face, peering through a tree of her haunted delights.....

First-collectors-Ghoultide

Determined collectors on a mission are first to arrive at my display for first dibs at what I had to offer Friday night! (Thank you all for your determination despite several hours of chilly air outdoors...)

Collectors-Ghoultide

More Halloween fans arrive to meet the characters that I have made for them!

Action-Ghoultide

A decision is made and I reach to collect a piece chosen for adoption. Below, a basket of Thank-You goodies for my patrons awaits their choosing.....

Collectors-Decide-Ghoultide

Collectors continue to eye the selections of one of kind delights at hand...

Johanna-frolics-Ghoultide

Saturday morning rolled in, and it was time to open again for round two. The crowds were amazing! The flow of attendees was certainly non-stop for many hours despite the windy cool weather. Like I said, it was a whirlwind weekend of Halloween galore, and I feel certain we will be back. Thank you again for joining us either in person or in spirit :)

~ Johanna

8 comments:

Kitty Forseth said...

Oh Yayyyy!!! I knew we'd see pics from you soon :). I can't get over what a beautiful show GT was, and your display was stunning! I am head over heels in love with your little Mousies, they are charming! It was cute to see people holding 2 pieces trying to make up their minds.. was anyone empty-handed? I don't think so!

Warmest congrats to you and JP, and kitty cat pets to Jack who I imagine is most happy to have you home :).

Thank you for capturing all of our talented friends so we could experience their wonderful wares through your and JP's eyes.

xo

Unknown said...

Great pics, display etc. etc. Johanna! Loved your vintage props too :)

Lori

The Fanciful Elephant EmporiumThe Fanciful Elephant Emporium said...

Wow, looks like a great show and a good time! Congratulations.

Cheers, Doodles

Dan said...

Johanna!

I loved seeing the pictures. Your displays looked wonderful! I so wish that we lived closer to Michigan. We would have been there for sure! Oh well, there is always next year!!!

I hope you are having a great week!

~Dan~

Valerie Hart said...

Wow I agree! This looks like it was an amazing event! Wish I could have been there... I LOVE Halloween decorations!

Johanna Parker said...

Many thanks to you all of you for popping in and leaving a nice comment! Pictures certainly do not do this special event any justice, but fingers crossed you can see the magic for yourselves, maybe next year!

~ Johanna :)

Marie Patterson Studio said...

Thank you for sharing these great pics of the show! I'm hoping to be able to attend next year to see it all first hand!

HopHopJingleBoo said...

hi, your table looked fab! Was a busy time and I didn't get to everyone's table and happy you had a goodtime,sales and safe trip home! P.s. love,love,love your Owls! will have to save up for next year! Debra