Sunday, September 21, 2008

Trunk Show Visions!...

My warm thanks go out to all the folks that put on such a spooktacular Halloween show yesterday! It's amazing how Leo's (super clean) Garage was transformed into an eye candy fest for all... thanks to Sam Robinson's clever eye for style! I snapped some quick photos before the doors opened (which is why some are kind-of a blur!) to give you an idea of some of the vendors' Halloweenish offerings. Also, THANK YOU to all my cherished collectors who made a special effort to come out and see us! Your kind words and smiles and support for my Halloween folk art are always so appreciated, and after such a great show, I feel both re-energized and so very grateful to be able to do what I love to do thanks to you :)

So, again thank you, and enjoy the photos as many of you told me that you enjoy reading my blog!
(Next weekend, we do it all again with a new collection of one of kind Halloween delights in Petaluma, CA at the Halloween & Vine!.....)

~ Johanna


* That's me before the show posing in front of my cupboard, lined with one of a kinds...


* My booth with my reproductions and notepads at left and originals at right...


* New Halloween notepads line a handmade shelf that JP made & illustrated candy boxes hang from the skeleton of an old lamp shade...




* These are the originals I decided to share with the Denver crowd...Only a few were
left by the end of the show, but no worries as I have LOTS more set aside for the Halloween & Vine next weekend!...



* Reproduction candy corn ornaments hang from a bouquet of branches as Halloween lolly pop ornaments tease shoppers...new jack-o'-lantern and black cat candle holder designs were unveiled as well..


* A vintage pick-up truck greets guests as they arrive & piles of pumpkins with personality were up for adoption...


* A wall of harvested corn stalks sets the autumn mood.... black & orange pansies anyone?


* Sam Robinson's booth welcomes visitors as they enter... (that's Sam's mom chatting with
Kirsten from Pearl who designs artsy fun fashions)



* Halloween goodies line a table in Sam's booth....


* Patchwork owls, standing jack-o'-lanterns and fall-themed glass jars top and fill a rustic cupboard in Sam's booth...


* A black cat welcomes shoppers in Kate's booth... She operates an adorable shop in Denver called Pome...


* A peek at Erica McNeish's sweet skelly cupcake delights and peanutbutter fudge brownie treats.. YUM YUM YUM as always!


* Teddy Marcum's festive table of hand-painted boxes for Halloween! What fun :)


* And... me again :)
© 2008 Johanna Parker Design * Images in this post are the property of Johanna Parker and may not be used without permission.

16 comments:

Halloween Fanatic said...

Oh my gosh! That looks like so much fun the vintage, the handmade, the sweets! I am so hungry now, as well as, drooling over the cats on the shelf and owl container! Johanna- I wished I could fly out to a show!! I want another one!! Robert :)

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Oh I wish I could have been there...I LOVE YOUR STUFF! and everyone elses as well...Love how it was all decorated. I would have been in heaven...do you sell your stuff on line? thanks again for posting your kitty cat links...:)

Johanna Parker said...

Yep! I do sell my original pieces occasionally on my website... I'm going to try my best to host a sale in October. Eventually, I would like to have a shopping cart where folks can purchase my repros and notepads too... I've just been too busy to set it up yet...

Email me if you'd like to join my mailing list for advance notice regarding my web sales....

~ Johanna :)

Kris Dickinson said...

Looks like it was a Halloween-lover's paradise! Oh how I wish I could have been there.

Christopher A. Klingler said...

WOW ~ Wished I could have been there Johanna!

Your display and the others looked VONDERFUL!!!

Great pics and thanks 4 sharing with us!

Have a great week.

Chris :)

Anonymous said...

OH, it's all just amazing! What a fun event...Maybe I can get there next year, fingers crossed!

Pam

Trudy Honeycutt ~ Folk Artist said...

Wow! Big wow!! What a show!! So sorry that my schedule did not allow me to go on a shopping spree at this wonderful event...but the music and food at Djangofest Colorado was superb, too!! :) Thanks for sharing, Johanna. I need more notepads, too...and can't wait to get the new designs!! Hugs, Trudy

Melissa Valeriote said...

How GLORIOUS! That show would break the bank for me for sure! Your table looks like Halloween Heaven!! Looking forward to seeing you at H&V.

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Johanna,
I missed this by one week and I am crushed after seeing the photographs!!! I'm serious that I want to try to make it next year. Thank you for sharing and I'm so glad you had a great day!
Laurie

Cathy said...

Came over from Trudy Honeycutt's blog to have a look at your Halloween delights. Fantastic shots of your lovely wares. Looks like immense fun. We here in the UK envy the American Halloween celebrations. Yours are much more colourful and fun.

Old World Primitives said...

I wish I could have been at the trunk show, I see so many wonderful Halloween goodies! I would have wanted everything in your booth - that I don't already own! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great show full of Halloween delights! Your pieces are fantastic and fun! Good work and thanks for the photos of some fo oyur newest creations. Those of us not at the Colorado event can drool over them.
Jody :)

AwtemNymf said...

Wow Wow WoW!!!! I love everything!! I wish I could have attended!
I would be in heaven if you sold your stuff online as well. You answered CatNapInn's question which would have been mine too.
I'd love to be added to your email updates as well please!
awtemnymf(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Happy Creating!

Sam I Am said...

awwwww..ain't you too cute!!
your booth space looks adorable!!
hugs..sam

~dani~ said...

What fun and such amazing offerings you have! You have been a personal favorite of mine and I am soo glad to have found your blog now too.

Happy Creating~

As Seen Thru My Eyes said...

Wow! I love your art and your blog.
I somehow found myself on your blog this morning...you know how it is...from one link to another...into new worlds.
Anyway...so happy to have found you!