Monday, September 13, 2010

A Peek at the Halloween Trunk Show...

Thanks to all who saved the date and came out to join us at Denver's 5th Annual Halloween Trunk Show! We were blessed with a beautiful day and many smiling Halloween fans. This year we had a handful of collectors fly in from out of state to adopt my one of a kind creations, so that was a treat to connect in person at the show! And of course, it was a pleasure to see so many of my local collectors who have been so very supportive of me over the years. :) For those unable to attend, here is a peek at this fun event, and I welcome you to join us next year! It took me extra long it seemed to set up my booth with all the new products I had this year. So, I only had a few minutes to spare right before the doors opened to snap a few pictures. And, I just realized that I never went out front to snap a shot of our garden vendor, and I wish I had! Obviously, I was a bit frazzled ~ typical!! Nevertheless, enjoy the images I was able to capture. And a big thank you to Leo of Leo's Automotive for offering his squeaky clean garage to us!

~ Johanna

Front-Halloween-Table
* A peek at my front table with Halloween candy jars, party hats, candy bowls and festive plates...

Johanna-Parker
* There's me looking a bit tired after all the set-up!

Johanna's-booth
* An overall shot of my Halloween display...

Owl-&-Cat
* An owl bucket, candy corn ornaments and Shreik the Cat pose for a picture...

Halloween-Charms
* My "charming" 2-sided necklaces hang from the wire frame of an old 60's lamp shade. These were a big hit!

Johanna-Parker's-originals
* The before picture of my corner cupboard filled with my Halloween originals.
(only a trio left at the end of the day, so I better get BUSY for Ghoultide!)


Johanna's-Halloween-goods
* More of my Halloween reproductions on display including decorate wall plates, candy pails and candle box lights...

JP-man's-the-booth
* There's JP waiting to help our first customers of the day....

Owl-Candy-Bowl
* My owl candy bowl offered by Bethany Lowe Designs is one of my favorite reproductions!...

Sam-Robinson
* There's Sam Robinson, event coordinator extraordinaire, along with her eye-candy Halloween goods....

Sam's-Jams
* Sam's jams and a fun mix of vintage finds and handmade treasures...

Sam's-Halloween-novelties
* More Halloween novelties entice shoppers in Sam's booth...

Pome-girls
* The girls from Pome in Denver, always looking festive for the season...

Pome's-display
* All sorts of treats draw you in to Pome's display...

Pome's-Masks
* Loving these vintage style Halloween masks from Pome...

Pearl-Clothing
* Some cozy, wearable goods from the creative and clever Kirsten Coplans of Pearl Clothing...

Cindy-Haberman
* Collectible papier mache delights, handmade by the talented Cindy Haberman...

Jeanne-Mistek
* A collage of Halloween goodies greets customers at Jeanne Mistek's table of crafty delights...

Erica's-cake
* And as dessert is always saved as the best for last, Erica McNeish, our culinary queen, never disappoints! Check out all of her delectable yummies....

Erica's-cupcakes
* Adorable mini cupcakes by Erica - yummmmmm....

Erica's-sweets
* Individually wrapped iced cookies and yummy pumpkin cream cakes were hard to resist.... She always adds an extra sweetness to our holiday events!

I hope you enjoyed the photos! Again, many thanks to ALL that came out, and I invite you and yours to join us next year ~ it will be here before you know it!!!

13 comments:

. said...

Johanna! You outdid yourself. It looks fabulous. I want one of EVERYTHING. Hope it was a great day for you.

xo~C

Johanna Parker said...

Ahh, thanks Colleen!..... It was a great day, and now I DO feel like I outdid myself..... I could sleeeeep for days, but no time!

~ Johanna :)

Kitty Forseth said...

Wow Jo, everything looks so amazing! Congratulations on another successful show :). The kids and I have been checking your FB and blog for pics, they'll be excited to see them after school!

Hugs to you and JP,
Kitty

Rot said...

WOW. That looks simply amazing.
Your stuff, as always, is brilliant.

Shirley Hudson - Hudson's Holidays said...

Everything is so awesome, what a treat to get to see these pictures. Everyone has such great unique ideas and talents. I love you stretching black cat! I sold lots of my Halloween this weekend at a fall barn show.....so fun! Let's hear it for Halloween!
Shirley
Hudson's Holidays

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun! Wish I could be there!

Anonymous said...

It looks absolutely fun! You did great. I missed my flight Friday night to Denver and was unable to make the Trunk Show. :( I plan on going to the Ghoultide and can't wait!

Jody H.

Johanna Parker said...

OH no Jody!..... That's a bummer about your flight! You would have totally surprised me had you showed up :) Looking forward to seeing you in Michigan!.... Glad you can make that fun event!

Kitty ~ I'm happy to provide some Halloween entertainment for your kids :) I will miss you all this year in CA.... Big hugs for now!!!

Rot ~ I'm blushing :) THanks!!!

Shirley ~ So glad you had a wonderful Halloween show too! It's wonderful to see so many people celebrating this fun-loving holiday!

And Jen ~ wish you could have been there too :)

~ Johanna

bayrayschild said...

WoWza! All FABULOUS!

Audrey

Donna Pizzi said...

Root beer bundt cake, candy corn ornaments, your forever cool originals... wow... what a fabulous show. Congrats! Hope you sold a ton... We were having a clean-out garage sale... what a great thing to do feng shui wise.

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Stunning with a capital S!!!

Len said...

What a wonderful show! Johanna your work is great. I have to admit though very shame faced that in your first photo my eye went to that wonderful orange enamel jug first thing! Like some people in my life I guess I'm here to keep you humble!!!! HAHAHA! Great work.

Johanna Parker said...

Hahaha Len! Yes, we definitely don't want all that Halloween hype to get to my head :) I'm with you too - that orange enamelware pitcher is quite stunning for us orange and black-loving folks...

And thank you Audrey, Donna and Cathy!!

~ Johanna