Thursday, June 6, 2013

This Weekend - Something Old is New Again!

Hello Friends! It's almost 1 o'clock in the morning, and I have just two more days to prepare for this weekend's 1st Annual Everything Recycled Art Market here in Lakewood, Colorado. Fortunately, this fun show is just minutes from home within the emerging 40 West Arts District. So, I don't have to worry about gathering ALL the props and things I may need quite yet. That's a relief since I am still finishing up my collection of originals! I took photos this evening of my one of a kind sculptures along with my illustrated art pressed magnets. I have many of those yet to complete, so wish me luck! Long story short - I have been working super long days and getting little sleep to prepare for this show that I spontaneously decided to participate in last month. I hope you join us this Saturday & Sunday! Please see my blog post below for the "Where" & the "When." Admission is $5 which includes live music and 25+ artisan vendors along with recycled crafting stations for kids. Come on out!!!

For now, here' a sneak peek at what I will be offering....... ENJOY!

~ Johanna

Belly-Button-Original-Owl

* I'm loving how this turquoise & cream-hued owl sculpture came to life with his vintage button-covered belly!

WIP-Original-Owl-Magnets

* Assemblage of over 30 one of a kind art owl magnets is underway! JP is drilling and fitting each with 2 backside magnets. It's a step-by-step process indeed!

Owl-Magnets-in-the-works

* Just a few owl magnets peer back with their vintage button eyes...

Vintage-button-covered-Cats

* My collection would not be complete without a few cats!

Standing-Buttonbirds

* And, finally, I made some standing buttonbirds that will be up for adoption too!

Standing-Crow-Buttonbird

* This standing buttonbird crow is reminiscent of my favorite holiday!

Mouse-Mini-Bust

* A jolly jester mouse sports some vintage buttons too!

Vintage-button-covered-characters

* I kinda think this owl displays hints of steampunk style....

DETAILS about this weekend's show are below! See you soon!



Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, where are all the comments? These pieces are divine! People must be speechless = :0)

Cheryl D